Community

50 Years of Building Relationships

Sain Associates is more than engineers, project managers, and consultants – we are relationship builders who strive to solve our clients’ problems. As Sain Associates celebrates its 50th anniversary, I can’t help but feel gratitude for the blessings and relationships that have developed over the last five decades. Our business has survived highs and lows,…
Read More

Evolution of Civil and Traffic Engineering

When Sain Associates opened its doors in 1972, the business consisted of consulting engineering services and land surveying. Many projects included site engineering for enclosed shopping malls across the southeast. Believe it or not, some of the mall projects from the 1970s are still in operation today, including the Santa Rosa Mall in Mary Esther,…
Read More

Sain Receives ACEC 2021 Honor Award

We are excited to announce the Prattville South Industrial Park Road and Bridge project received an Engineering Excellence Award (EEA) from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) of Alabama. Project award recipients were honored at the EEA gala along with the 2021 Leadership Development class, the outgoing executive committee, and the member volunteer of the…
Read More

Recap of 2020 and Looking Forward to 2021

A whirlwind of uncertainty landed on us in 2020, and we quickly learned how to adapt and be flexible. Although 2020 included a lot of the unknown, our team encountered several milestones throughout the year.  The most important highlight was adding a full-service branch office in Huntsville, Alabama. During 2020, our team attended award events…
Read More

Happy Thanksgiving from Sain Associates

Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and celebration. My favorite Thanksgiving memories involve gathering with family and friends, enjoying delicious food, and watching parades and football. This year, Thanksgiving will be different than our usual celebrations – many gatherings will involve social distancing and masks, smaller guest lists, and an overall different mood. However, one…
Read More

Walktober – Wellness Competition

During the month of October, we were busy counting our steps as a part of Walktober, our annual wellness competition. Now that the walking battle is over, I wanted to share some of my favorite things about this competition: Instead of rewarding just the top steppers, Walktober takes a personalized approach. Each competitor sets their…
Read More

2020 Spirit of Lauren Award

Lauren Nickles, our friend and co-worker, was a constant ray of sunshine at Sain. Since losing her in 2017, we have continued to celebrate her and her legacy by annually presenting the Spirit of Lauren Award, which recognizes a Sain employee that demonstrates hospitality, kindness, commitment, persistence, and a positive attitude. This year we hosted…
Read More

2020 Fish Fry Becomes Help for the Helpers

For each of the past eight years, Sain has hosted a fish fry lunch for clients and friends. We’ve enjoyed those events so much because they allow us to show appreciation to those in our network who contribute to our success. It’s our annual “thank you” event. With the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, we are taking…
Read More

Look for the Helpers

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are…
Read More

Together-ish

2020 has been a whirlwind, and it is a year that no one will forget. Over the last several months, we have transitioned into the new normal of working from home. However, it wasn’t so easy at first, and at times it could feel lonely. At Sain, we thrive on company gatherings and fellowship with…
Read More