Pulaski, TN or Huntsville, AL | Full-time | Transportation | 1 Position Available
Sain Associates is looking for a CAD Technician to join our mission, where we are serving our communities through road safety improvements. On this team, you will support the project manager on Transportation projects and Safety Evaluations. For safety evaluations, the team investigates current roadway conditions and recommends road improvements, which can, in turn, save lives. We are analyzing crash data, updating road signage, and considering the safety of all road users.
A typical day might include the following:
- Visiting a job site to take measurements and photographs
- Working in the office to layout the signing and striping for an intersection
- Completing reports with quantities and cost-estimates.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys learning about federal and DOT requirements and applying those to design, as well as someone who is passionate about transportation safety.
For a snapshot of our recent work, you can read our blog about Exit 46.
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills with English proficiency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Working knowledge of MicroStation
- Ability to interact with clients
- Desire to learn about road safety
- Ability to travel as needed
- Overnight travel is required occasionally
Your Work at Sain
Grow your career the way you want. At Sain, our employees can explore our different career tracks, attend in-house lunch and learns, and participate in our employee-led groups like the Technology Group.
Enjoy more work-life balance.Our engineers work typically 40-45 hours each week. We also offer the option to telework on Fridays.
Have a voice in our company’s future. Our leadership invites employees to be involved in our annual strategic business plan. We also create opportunities to give feedback through staff surveys and focus groups.
Collaborate across departments. You will have ability to work with our civil engineers, planners, and surveyors when your projects need their expertise.
Partner with an award-winning team that is focused on excellence. Through our diverse practice areas, we are shaping communities to provide more livable and vibrant spaces and infrastructure. Examples include Cahaba Road Transportation Enhancements, 2200 Magnolia Avenue South, and the Greyhound Bus Station.
To learn more about who we are, visit our blog!
How to apply?
To apply, submit a resume using the form below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.