Celebrating 50 years in business is a big deal to us. We could not be more excited to celebrate our firm’s history, success, and incredible accomplishments that have been achieved thanks to our amazing clients, employees, and leadership team.
This month, we are thrilled to look back at the awards honoring Sain’s projects and staff. Over the last 50 years, our team has been honored by various organizations for our engineering excellence.
Below is just a sample of awards from throughout the years:
- Best of the Best Companies for Working Families Award from the Birmingham Family Times
- ASCE Employer Recognition Award for Support of Younger Members
- Top Three Consulting Engineering Firm in the State of Alabama for Economic Development by Southern Business and Development
- Best Place to Work by the Birmingham Business Journal
- Exemplary Support of Younger Member Involvement in ASCE Activities by the ASCE Employer Recognition Program
- Top Ten Survey and Design Firm by the Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Our founder, Charles “Hack” Sain, was inducted into the State of Alabama Engineering Hall of Fame and the Associated General Contractors of Alabama Hall of Fame.
- Sr. Principal / COO Becky White, PTP, received Transportation Professional of the Year from the Alabama Section of Institute of Transportation Engineers (ALSITE) in 2012.
- Traffic Team Leader / Associate Jeff Stephenson, PE, PTOE, received the Special Citation for Meritorious Services from ALSITE in 2012.
- President / CEO Jim Meads, PE, and I were recognized with the Top 25 Excellence in Business Award from the UAB National Alumni Society.
- Numerous ACEC National, ACEC Alabama, and ACEC Tennessee awards
- Numerous ABC Alabama and ABC North Alabama Excellence in Construction Awards
- I received the Engineering Council of Birmingham’s Distinguished Service Award in 2019
- Becky White was named “A Woman to Watch” by the Birmingham Business Journal in 2018
- Sain was selected as a finalist for the Find the Lost Dollars Client Awards.
- Jim and I were recognized with the 45 Engineers Making a Difference Award from the UAB School of Engineering at the 45-year celebration for the UAB School of Engineering.
- Engineering News Record recognized Martin Army Community Hospital as the Design-Build Project of the Year in 2014.
At Sain, we are proud to celebrate 50 years of engineering excellence, especially given that some companies do not make it one, five, or even ten years, let alone 50. This milestone provides us with plenty to celebrate, and we hope you join us in celebrating this achievement. Join us next week as we look back on past ACEC awards.