We are pleased to announce the opening of our new branch office in Huntsville, Alabama. The full-service branch will be in Cummings Research Park at 5021 Technology [...]
Birmingham, AL | Full-time | Civil Engineering/Transportation Design
Sain Associates is looking for a civil engineer to join our transportation design team. As a member of this team, you will partner with a project manager to tackle exciting and challenging projects that require problem-solving skills and a desire to design.
You will work on a variety of projects including roadways, roundabouts, pedestrian tunnels, sidewalks, intersection improvements, and recreational trails. For examples of recent work by our team, you can check out Dunnavant Pedestrian Project and the Hayden Roundabout Project.
What we are looking for
- A proactive problem-solver
- Desire to become a technical expert
- Ability to learn and apply our design standards
- Design experience in Microstation
- 2-3 years of professional designing experience
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with Engineer Intern certification
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills with English proficiency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
Sain Associates is currently accepting resumes for Party Chiefs and Survey Technicians for our Huntsville location.
As a Party Chief, you would be managing a 2 or 3-person crew to collect data and stake properties. Applicants must have 5 years of surveying experience.
As a Survey Technician, you would be working in a 2 or 3-person crew to collect data and stake properties. This job is ideally suited to someone who enjoys working outdoors and doing technical tasks. Work sites vary from undeveloped property to active construction sites.
Must Haves for Surveying
- Candidates must be able to lift 60 lbs., move through rough terrain, and to pass a drug test to work in this safety sensitive job.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.
- Preferred candidate has a high school diploma.
How to apply?
To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Sain Associates is a ±50-person Civil Engineering firm that offers services in Surveying, Traffic/Transportation Planning & Engineering, GIS, and Site/Civil Engineering. We are a privately owned firm, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, and incorporated in 1972. Our firm culture is focused on personal and proactive partnerships with clients and associates to produce sustainable value and innovation.
Why work for us?
At Sain Associates, we are committed to our employees and have a family-oriented culture. We support our employees by offering professional development opportunities and coaching to help them reach their career development goals. We have regular meetings to help you track growth of your career path. Our culture is collaborative; employees at all levels of the firm have access to experienced leaders. We value time spent with our team and their families through special events and social gatherings. To learn more about who we are, visit our blog!