Joe Moon works in IT Management, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, [...]
By: Julie Conn, Executive Assistant
It’s that time of year when the weather grows hotter, traffic becomes significantly lighter around the city, and people begin their exciting plans for summer vacations! Yes, I know technically summer begins on June 20, but with Memorial Day just behind us and school being out I say it’s summertime!
I asked our employees how they planned to use some of the PTO time Sain provides us and received some interesting replies that I thought we’d share. Maybe you will get a great idea for your next vacation!
- David Coggin said, “This summer I don’t necessarily have any exciting plans, but I will be attending lots of weddings! I have 6 to attend (not including 3 that I can’t attend…) from mid-June through the end of August, with the locations being Birmingham, Nashville, Indianapolis, and Spokane. Bye-bye PTO!”
- Erin Curry has no solid plans yet, but she wants to go somewhere she’s never been before. No telling where her adventurous spirit will take her!
- Richard Holt said, “Spending time with family and friends at the river in Rogersville, Alabama. Activities include riding jet-skis, hanging out on the dock, fishing, and firing up the grill.” Who else wants an invite for all this fun?!
- Nathan Currie has plans for… “a couple trips to the beach with Kim and family (Hilton Head and the gulf), along with some work around the house in anticipation of the adoption of our 3rd child.” We are so excited for our newest Sain family member to join us!
- Chris Jenkins is going on a 7 day Alaskan cruise from Seattle with stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and Victoria, Canada. Cruise will also go thru Glacier Bay. Excursions will include back country ATV ride into Canada, whale watching, visiting Mendenhall Glacier, a salmon bake, canoeing, and visiting a Sled dog musher’s camp. Sounds like a great time exploring that beautiful state!
- Becky White said, “My family will vacation in the North Carolina Mountains near Cashiers. It is a favorite place for us where we can hike, go rafting, and enjoy cooler weather”.
- Stacy Huffman plans to… “In June my 2 girls and I are spending a week in St. George Island, Florida with our extended family. It’s an annual trip we look forward to every year. Other than that we will spend as much time as we can at the pool”.
- As for me, the arrival of summer always fills me with a sense of anticipation. This summer is no exception as I’m about to purchase my first house. It’s a major fixer-upper, so my summer will be filled with lots of projects! I do plan to take a break and visit my son who serves in the Army at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, TX. and I plan to spend a week in Gulf Shores in July with family and friends.
The whole summer is ahead of you, time for picnics, outings, some lazy days, beach and lake activities, and great times with family and friends. You have 12 weeks left! What exciting things will you do this summer?